Browse: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Search / Browse

Mobile Menu

What I want in games

Author Topic

sabranon

Posted - Sun, 9 March 2008 @ 11:43
I was thinking about all the different types of games I play. Board games, FPS, RPG, sandbox, sims, turn based strategy, all different kinds, and I found I am having a hard time determining what kind of games I like to play outside of 'good'.

So it came down to 'What do I want in a game?'

And the answer is...I don't know. So I am curious as to what others are looking for in a game.

CyberAxe

Posted - Tue, 2 May 2006 @ 19:51
Bug? WTF? The board is empty man, unless you make the filter show-all or at least very old posts you'll find some.

Munky

Posted - Sat, 6 May 2006 @ 03:44
thats what I did, there was posts in there

Deathdealer9978

Posted - Wed, 24 October 2007 @ 23:49
The file that starts the game is Simon.bat.

Stefan

Posted - Sun, 9 March 2008 @ 17:33
I've been going for the old platform games. Flimbo's Quest, James Pond, B.C. Kid, Magic Pockets, Rainbow Islands... Really cheesy stuff like that, which would be considered in today's gaming market to be lame, but it's
what I was playing as a kid, so I guess I'd have to say for me it's about light-hearted fun and nostalgia!

onibara

Posted - Sun, 9 March 2008 @ 20:22
Fun...that is something that is missing from a lot of games. That is not to say that those games are not fun to play, but what I am getting at is there are so many serious games that refuse to laugh at themselves. That isn't true to life or to whatever world they are building. A moment of humor makes the drama more poignant, and accentuates the story. I know that sometimes when playing Final Fantasy, or somesuch thing, and they go off on some long overly dramatic statement, that I just want to kick something.

Stefan

Posted - Wed, 12 March 2008 @ 09:17
Right... what I want in games is to play a game that is connected directly to my online bank account, and my points should be converted to cash and credited accordingly!(not like online gambling, I don't want to risk losing any money!) For example, Chaos Engine - Kill a monster, get 10 bucks! Thank you very much! Hell, make it a dime for each monster and I'd still be a millionaire by the end of the week!

Stefan

Posted - Thu, 13 March 2008 @ 13:19
I wanna be one of those lucky S.O.B.s who get paid to sit and play all the new games. Wow... just playing video games all day, then saying... "yeah that was cool" or "Nah... that was crap", and "where's my pay check?" Hell yes!

onibara

Posted - Thu, 13 March 2008 @ 20:03
Trust me, buddy. You don't want that job. I work in a comic book store and I have to read comics all week so I can talk about them with the customers.

I am tired of comics. I still like them, but I never get to read them for pleasure anymore. It's always work.

Post a reply

You need to log in to post in the forum.