Browse: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Search / Browse

Mobile Menu

Emulation speed controls

Search Forums

Author Topic

GeeTee

Posted - Sun, 18 December 2022 @ 04:09
I think the biggest barrier to entry for the older dosgames is incorrect emulation speed. I suspect dosgamer.com uses the auto cycles setting for all games and this is usually way too fast for many early games.

Of course it's simple to press ctrl+f11 and ctrl+f12 to adjust the emulation speed if you know about it, however I think it would be more friendly to add two buttons to the page to increase and decrease emulation speed, if possible.

A stretch goal might be to add controls to switch the cycles mode between auto, fixed and max, and also to display the current cycles value.

Post a reply

You need to log in to post in the forum.